Monday, September 2, 2013

UFO tick....KARTS tick....


This table topper is from 2005 . See it doesn't sound so bad when it is in tiny print. The top was made and most of the quilting was finished. I wanted to wait until I could do free motion quilting before finishing the border. Well that still hasn't happen, has it! So some very simple lines around the border, then the binding and it was all done.



This was a KARTS - kitted and ready to start - from 2011, I think. It is for my nephew's 30th birthday (last January). I don't always run this late, thank heavens. The quilt is called 'Head Over Heels' and was designed and kitted-up by Liisa Dawson of The Quilter's Corner. I added a bit of extra fabric as my nephew is very tall. Let's hope he likes it.
I am really pleased to be able to cross these 2 off my UFO list. Now to tackle the rest of the list!

Kayly

9 comments:

Needled Mom said...

They both look wonderful. Nice finishes.

Susan said...

jut great Kayky particularly love your nephew's quilt.

Marilyn said...

Lovely to see your nephew's quilt finished, and I am sure he will be thrilled to receive it. The other UFO is so lovely too.

Maria said...

Both are beautiful finishes

Outback Crafter - Debra said...

Great finishes Kayly. I am sure your nephew will love his quilt.
Debra

Anthea said...

the quilt is amazing Kayly, well done, it will be loved I'm sure!

Maureen Clare said...

Your nephew should like his quilt. It is very lively. Good on you with two finishes.

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Wonderful finishes! I especially like the second one. I love brights with black.

Chris H said...

Hee hee... at least you did get it finished!