Sunday, May 12, 2013

A feathers finish -

This little lap quilt is not a UFO but I am sharing it with you a I am super proud of my first ever attempt at quilting feathers.

I did these by free motion, without a pattern, I just had it in my head and went for it.  I am so pleased at how they turned out, they are not perfect but I can only get better from here.  I have gifted this quilt to my 83 year old MIL for mothers day.  The quilt is my own design and as I made this I also wrote my first ever quilt pattern,  So this quilt has truly been a learning curve for me in pattern writing and quilting.

IMG_0009

IMG_0010

Rinas quilt

If you would like the pattern it is for sale on my Etsy shop quilted hugs by Sue

6 comments:

Susan said...

Congratulations - anyone who can achieve even a semi good result free motion quilting has my admiration!

Noela said...

You have done a wonderful job Sue. Congratulations on your designing your first pattern. Hugs.....

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Wonderful feathers....good for you

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Terrific job Sue! Congratulations on conquering feathers (I haven't even tried yet) and for writing your first pattern!

Maria said...

Great job of your feathers Sue..

Passionate Quilter said...

Great job on your first feathers!