Friday, January 18, 2013

Mid-month ideas and encouragement…..

I’m loving all your enthusiasm and watching lists go up, inspiring one another and seeing finishes appear already!!!  Wow….when Dawn and I first started this blog, that was the whole intent ….but we never thought it would grow so big!!!!

Now I’ve noticed some of you are getting a little disheartened with all your UFO listing, but you know, we’re not alone!  I’ve been hopping about in Blogland and there are quite a few others who have the same problem and are offering some useful tips…….

Pat Sloan 2013 UFO Busting Button

  Pat’s first post is HERE and helps out with ‘The Sort”!!!  Sorting out those UFOs is such a daunting task, and even though a lot of us have listed them down, Pat goes through where to start once you’ve sorted them….I’m going to have a play with my list over the weekend!!!!

Another blogger who has some fab ideas for busting through that UFO pile is Patchwork Posse aka Becky Jorgensen.     Becky’s having a 52 UFO quilt block  pick up on her blog, so every week there will be a tutorial, a hint or some inspiration on how to use up those UFO blocks that gather up in your pile that you don’t know what to do with!

round robin

She’s adding each week’s link HERE so you won’t need to go searching!  Just be careful not to ADD to your UFO stash!!! LOL

Another idea Dawn and I have come up with to spur you along, is to continue our Block of the Month for all those ‘good little finishers’……so, each month, if you have a finish posted by the last day of the month, once we’ve done our tally up,  we will send you a free block pattern  in our block of the month.  After twelve months, you’ll have the whole pattern and finishing instructions AND a ufo to start you off the following year!!!! hehehe….see…..method in our madness….you’ll NEED to keep with us then!!!! LOL

What is that I hear??? You want a sneak preview and some hints???

022 (Medium)

mmmmmmmmm……… let’s just say there’s some piecing and  some stitcheries and it’s ‘blooming’ wonderful, if I do say so myself!!!! *wink wink*……  But you’ll have to wait for more details closer to the end of the month……I’ll just keep you guessing for now!!!!!

So, on with the UFO busting……..

sew many hugs

Wendy :O) and Dawn xo

 

2 comments:

Melody said...

This year I'm definitely going to finish some UFO's so I'm looking forward to that BOM.

Maria said...

HaaaHaa.. Yes your are right your BOM does go on the new UFO list...