Sunday, January 27, 2013

Another 2 finishes

Another 2 UFO's have hit the finished list.
Number 8:

This table runner came about by default.  In our December 2012 sewing club the Christmas project required lots of cutting of shapes to be made into coasters and placemats.  I had been to my Grandson's Prep Graduation, so was late getting there, and seemed to be cutting lots but getting nowhere.  I came home with a pile of half cut out coasters, but not so sure about how to make them up.  As I had pieces cut out I then had to work out what to do with them.  My table runner was "born".



Number 9:

3 years ago when Grandchild no 6 was expected, I bought this sheep panel to make a cot quilt.  It was a girly one, but as time went on we found it was to be a boy.  The quilt had been started and was then put into the UFO drawer.  When Vicki was born last year I had forgotten about this panel until I sorted out my UFOs for my 2013 list.  I had already made her a cot quilt so decided to make this one into a floor rug.  

Those sheep really are so cute.

6 comments:

Susie said...

Good on you for finishing those!! I really love the blue fabrics in your table runner. Now who gets the sheep quilt? The original receipient?

Marilyn said...

It will go to Vicki as well, for using in the play room. And Harry, the one who I had bought them for except that he was a boy, loves playing roads on the back strips. So that works well.

Susan said...

Those sheep are great - you are making a lot of progress Marilyn, I better get to it and stop cyber spacing

Noela said...

Lovely finishes. Your table runner is lovely and you did a great job in putting all your cut pieces together.
Hugs.....

Fiona said...

great finishes.. well done.. those sheep do look a lot of fun...
Hugz

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Cute quilt, fantastic finishes!