Saturday, September 1, 2012

4th FINISH FOR THE YEAR

I know it's not many finishes for the year compared to others on here, but for me it's awesome to have even a few!

So... here is my latest finish:


ABOVE:  a single bed quilt for my Granddaughter Emily.  

This quilt took over two years to get done!  I should have finished it ages ago... but just kept putting it off in favour of other projects!  I kept thinking... well she ain't in a bed yet, so no hurry!  Well in a few more months she will be in a bed!  

So yaaa, it's done.

And I am on to the next one!

ADDED ON:  My little granddaughter Emily received her quilt on Father's Day while visiting us, and I did not expect her to be even interested in it... but I was wrong!  She loved it.



They have a little Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, so Emily loved the dog block.
It was lovely to see her enjoying her quilt.

11 comments:

Fiona said...

How gorgeous is that quilt and Emily will love it... even in a bed a smaller quilt is lovely to snuggle with....
Hugz

Maria said...

Your quilt is so cute and your GD will love it.. Well done.

The Nifty Stitcher said...

aww it's really lovely. congratulations on getting it finished.

Monika said...

So cute - and is this one of your dogs bottom right? ;-)

Susan said...

Its amazing what a deadline will do isn't it?? It looks lovely and I am sure it will be treasured.

Chris H said...

Monika... YES! How clever of you to notice. Our dogs are Bichon/Shih Tzu cross's... and that little dog is very similar to our boy Teddy!

Sew Sisters Quilt Shop said...

It's so lovely! Congratulations!
Carol

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful quilt and a beautiful girl to enjoy it. Congratulations on this finish, it will be loved for years to come.

Susan said...

It must make you extra happy to see Emily pay so much attention to it.

Lynette said...

Lovely quilt and so much joy when a little one appreciates it so much

KJC said...

What a lovely quilt. Lovely to see your grandaughter enjoying it too.