Sunday, August 12, 2012

# 14 Little Birdies quilt....


Last year I made up the blocks for this very cute quilt designed by Little Miss Shabby ...

and it has been waiting a while to be finished off


 I used a charm pack of Rural Jardin and had a piece for the border and binding... I bought the red sashing separately .....


Stitcheries were done using 6 threads.... quite hard on the fingers but I did like the effect...


I didn't want to quilt over the stitcheries so I let my feathers flow over onto the unstitched areas of the blocks and the border ...


the cream thread softened the very bold red I had used for the sashing....


I haven't quilted such a large amount of feathers before.... I rather like it....

Another UFO finished .... yay

Just in case you would like to see the blocks in more detail they are HERE 

and thanks to Dawn and Wendy for their lovely motivational idea of this blog (and the little blocks we get to sew too!!) and thanks to all of you for the encouragement - I love seeing what people make
 

7 comments:

Maria said...

Fabulous finish Fiona!!!!!

Annie said...

I LOVE the photo of the quilt in the tree!

Cas said...

WOW that is so gorgeous.

lizZ said...

Wow, Fiona, the machine quilting looks so complex and delicate - well done.

Susan said...

Fiona, your FMQ is looking great! lovely stitcheries too.

Celine said...

Well done. I haven't even finished all the stitcheries yet....

Chris H said...

WOW! Gorgeous finish.