Wednesday, February 29, 2012

UFO Project # 5 .....


It is the end of February already and since it is a leap year we got an extra day.... thank goodness!!  I am always happy to be given an extra day

I worked out that if I can do 2 of my UFO's a month I will get through them this year - I wonder if I will keep up... anyway.. this is my second UFO for February

This quilt is made from favourite T shirts of one of my sons... I had cut them and got them all prepared some time last year and then they sat waiting for inspiration....I  did get blocks together in January and last week I did the quilting (takes me a few days as I only do a bit at a time) and the binding was stitched down this weekend whilst I watched some cricket....


An all over meander.... .the T shirt fabric isn't the best to practice FMQ - but it will hold together...


I can't pass by spots or stripes on binding.. and this one had all the right colours....


I know youngersonthirdborninthefamily will love it....


it is soft and cuddly .....

I used one of the printed pieces for my label... rather amused me....


It will be off to it's new home soon....

Thanks again Dawn and Wendy for keeping us going with our UFO's
 

3 comments:

Cath said...

Great job Fiona....I have wanted to do one of these for some time but I will probably never get round to it.

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

I have a bunch of my Father's t-shirts all cut and waiting patiently for me to do something with them. They are on my list for this year so hopefully I can get it done.

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Fantastic finish! Your son will love it. My daughter has MANY t-shirts.....I'll have to show this.