Wednesday, February 8, 2012

UFO 2 & 3

I am working away at number 2 & 3 UFO.

At the flimsy stage

I have this runner ready for quilting. The stitcheries were free from here I started these stitcheries last year got them finished then they just sat around waiting to be put together.

Ready for quilting



My 3rd UFO is another table runner. This was started soooooooooooooooo long ago I think maybe 8 years. I don't know why it has taken me so long to complete it. I did the stitcheries here and there and you can see the improvement in my stitching from the early stitcheries to the ones I have completed just recently. This runner is a pattern from a book brought out by Australian Patchwork and Quilting in 1999!!!!!!!! The pattern is called 'Debonair Dining'

Stitcheries ready to be trimmed to size

On the new mini design wall, with some blocks complete and fabric
auditions


Almost there just the ends to add on


I have it all together now (no photo as yet) and I just need to layer it ready for quilting.

I am really happy so far this year that I am continuing only working on UFOs and that I haven't tired of it yet. A good sign that maybe I have finally cured that nasty Procrastination bug.

Hopefully this weekend I can get stuck into the quilting of both runners and my next post here will be about UFO 2 & 3 completed.

Bye for now, happy cre8ting from Liz A

11 comments:

Anne-Mettes Oaser said...

Wauh, your projects look great!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Love the stitcheries....

Maria said...

Oh Yes I remember the heart stitcheries and I have them somewhere too. Love the way you used them in the table runner.
Your other stitcheries and beautiful too. Well done.

Susan said...

Great progress!

GittaS said...

Wow what great projects for.
The embroideries are beautiful.
many greetings
Gitta

Linda in Calif. said...

Those flowers are A-maz-aing! Just so much work and so pretty!

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

The hearts are adorable. I think I missed those. Maybe that is a good thing otherwise they would be on my to do list also lol.

LOVE the way your next set of stitcheries look. Great fabric choices.

luciethehappyquilter said...

Love how you used your heart stitcheries for your table runner. Fantastic idea.

Laura said...

Both are going to be great! I love the table runner with hearts. I made the hearts to and put them into a mini-quilt that's waiting to be finished. I like your table runner much more! Hmmm... to unstitch?

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

I love the embroidery blocks!

Chris H said...

They look gorgeous.