Monday, August 22, 2011

Job done.... # 20

Last year I went to a workshop for a 4 patch stack and whack and made this quilt top... it has been lurking in my cupboard with other lurkers since then.....


I really wanted to do my own quilting but needed a bit more confidence on the feathers.....

I finally did the quilting by needle tracing the design on baking paper - shown HERE on my blog - it took me ages but I am happy with the finished look....

the same feather design over each block and then a full feather border....


Here is the front... quilted and bound..


we are still having cold nights so this quilt has found a home on my bed.....

I'm pleased to say my UFO list is receding well....
isn't is a shame that other UFO's seem to take their place?
hmmmmmm



5 comments:

Fiona said...

&&

Maria said...

Congratulations Fi.Beautiful quilting on your quilt.

You are a machine 21 finishes you really make me think I MUST get back finishing UFO's.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

nice job on both piecing and quilting....which is really lovely.

Jude said...

Very nice and brave of you to do that feather quilting, something I want to do in the future.

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Wow! gorgeous! Beautiful feather quilting. And you have completed so many already!

Blessings & Aloha!